Monday – Friday: 2 pm – 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 1 pm
Opening times 2020: 10th April to 1st August 2020 | 31st August to 7th November 2020
- Adults: 10,- €
- Concessions (seniors over 65, children under 18, students, disabled persons): 8,- €
- 2nd floor guided tour: 10,- € / 8,- €
We regret that the exhibition is not suited for small children.
You can visit the rooms on the first floor.
You can visit the rooms on the second floor only with a guided tour. We only offer guided tours for small groups. Please book a tour in advance. Due to the construction of the villa and to protect sensitive objects you cannot visit the rooms on your own. A guided tour costs 10,- € or 8,- € per person, it lasts 1.5 hours and is in German, Italian or English.
What to expect:
- First floor: In two exhibition rooms you gain an insight into the biographies of the former inhabitants of the villa in the years 1922-1941 and you visit the study and the two drawing rooms of family Fromm.
- Second floor: This floor is where Rosamaria Navarini lived alone from 1978 to 2013. Furniture, art and everyday objects are on display. We receive you like guest in a parlour. We tell the history of the villa and the family and show you selected objects.
“Garden of animated silence”
We want to preserve the wild character of the garden. So we only cleared it very gently. During opening times our visitors are welcome to visit the garden, too.
Enter the garden at your own risk!
For fire safety reasons people with a walking disability and wheelchair users can visit Villa Freischütz only in the company of a staff member. Please notify us in advance.
- A lift leads to both floors of the museum. And a gravel walk leads to the museum.
- The museum houses a toilet for the disabled.
- As a historic villa Villa Freischütz has literally many thresholds and bumps. We try to make access to the museum as easy as possible for all visitors.
If you come by car, please use the private road and entrance via Schönblickstraße 8.
There are only a few spaces on the car park. From the underground car park near Brunnenplatz it is a 5 minute walk via Priamiweg to the museum.
By bike and on foot you can also access the museum via Priamiweg 7.
Bus no. 1/1A/1B from Merano Central Station in the direction of ‘Meran 2000/Botanischer Garten Trauttmansdorﬀ’ takes you to ‘Brunnenplatz’ (access museum via Priamiweg). Bus no. 3 in the direction of ‘Vergilstraße’ takes you to ‘Kindergarten Obermais’ (access museum via Schönblickstraße).